(Image: one of my unfinished, rough sketches of my cousin pairing. It’s not done so pls ignore the disproportion going on…)
I’ve written up the rules for the forum, and I made the categories. Now all I need are members! Please read the rules before joining and please spread the word!!
Here is a link: http://consang-fiction.forumotion.com/
We can improve it with time, including the rules, but below I will outline some of the things I hope this forum can do for those of us interested in making this community:
Focus of the Forum
To bring together aspiring writers to discuss our characters and writing, specifically those pairings that would be considered “taboo” in various parts of our world: Sibling and Cousin pairings, straight or gay, GSA or non-GSA, romantic and/or sexual, Canon or very near canon. This forum is not for purely platonic relationships–as lovely as those are.
___How we can make use of the Forum___
There are various ways we can make use of this forum. Here are just some possibilities:
- We could do bi-weekly writing exercises to practice writing scenes and dialogue, to get a good sense of how our characters would act and talk.
• We could discuss the nature of “double love” and how the familial and the romantic intertwine in a consang relationship.
• We can discuss stigma, its origins and how the characters deal with it in their societies.
• We can talk about our own fears or anxieties about writing/publishing fiction containing “controversial” material, how we could remain strong and dedicated despite the judgment we may face as writers of such relationships.
• We can do research together (e.g. share links to documentaries, scholarly articles, author/actor interviews, commentary, or other material on this subject) so that our writing could be better informed by facts and existing dialogues.
• We can help each other develop points in our fictional character & relationship arcs in a way that suits our individual visions.
• We can provide each other with feedback on our writing styles so that we can improve the quality.
• We can discuss fandom and ships… in connection with what we hope do with our original fiction. E.g. What are our fav ships/dynamics? What we can learn from the writers of the past? What can/should we do differently?
To read rules in full, go here: http://consang-fiction.forumotion.com/t1-rules-of-our-forum#1